February 21, 2009

I liked Rain (Bi) eversince I saw his drama Full House. From that time I watched most of his dramas and I listened to his songs. He is one of the best Korean dancers. And, to me he is one of the Korean artists I look forward to hearing news from.

One of the recent news about Rain (which I know most Rain fans will be excited about) is that he will be featured on Discovery Channel. So for Rain fans who have cable TV, the date to watch out for is Feb. 23 (it will be shown all over Asia). Rain will be featured in a documentary which portays Rain as symbol of Korean pop culture that has flourished in the past decade. The special program will be called “Hip Korea”. According to the article I saw, this show focuses on the popularity of Korean pop culture and Rain is being featured as he is a “Korean cultural icon who appeals to worldwide audiences”.

I’ll try to see if I can catch this show! But kudos to Rain!!



By the way I also read somewhere that when Rain promotes in the States, he will not be using the name Rain since there is a Beatles tribute band who uses that name. He will instead use the name “The Rain” for promotions — sounds a little weird . I’ll forgot where I read that article, I’ll try to post it if I can find it..

credits to bubbletea29@asianfanatics and english.chosun.com 

(”,)

No comments:

Post a Comment